Friday, May 03, 2013

Have a nice day! Smiley face rave wear knows no age

I have a confession to make... I don't know a lot about the rave scene. I was just beginning to settle down and start a grown-up life when the rave counter-culture really became a thing. But the more I learn about it, the more I realize it's not that far removed from the club kids of the late '80s/early '90s, with which I'm a bit more familiar. The clothes are different (and skimpier!) and the drugs are different (which we certainly frown upon!) but at its heart are the same principles of being wild and free and having amazing experiences in adorable costumes, and these are sentiments which know no age. I have no graceful segue from this preamble... so uh... here's some smiley face rave wear things! 

The Yellow Smiley Face Leg Warmers are fuzzy, furry, and adorable. The Happy Pill Purse is made of yellow vinyl and is roomy enough to hold all of your essentials the next time you venture out onto the dance floor. 

The one thing I love about the new Rave Wear Collection from Leg Avenue is that all the items are totally appropriate for Gay Pride Festivals (which is huge in our hometown) as well as Burning Man. So even if you don't get that whole rave thing, there are still plenty of opportunities for any gender at any age to wear these adorable costumes.